Perkins Management Services is seeking a Unit Accountant for a current food services contract. Primary responsibilities include ensuring the integrity and accuracy of all financial reports. Managing all accounting and financial matters associated with the account. Additional responsibilities include accounts payable/receivable, reconciling invoices, payroll, reporting inventory, placing account orders with suppliers and monitoring budget performance.
The Candidate will also assist with the day to day operations of the office to include all administrative tasks.
- Helping the business units identify opportunities for functional and financial performance
- Be responsible for ALL aspects of business unit reporting and ensure that all reporting
from the business unit is done in a timely manner.
- Collaboratively working with the business units, district operations managers and the
controller to ensure that all policies and procedures are followed and to ensure compliance
and protection of company assets.
- Review, reconcile, and properly code unit level expenses and submit in a timely fashion to
Controller for approval
- Ensure unit level invoices have appropriate approval from operations’ business unit
manager and are within corporate guidelines
- Appropriately applying business unit customer payments to accounts receivable account
and ensuring prompt deposit and application of payment on account
- Ensuring purchase orders are received for all work, not already explicitly covered under
and operating contract.
- Following-up on vendor issues that will arise and making sure that all vendor invoices
related to the business units are properly reviewed, reconciled and entered into the
accounting system in a timely manner.
- Managing and overseeing corporate inventory process as the business units
- Reconciling petty cash accounts
- Ensuring that daily deposits match POS system daily reports and working with the
business units to reconcile any differences in a timely manner
- Work with business unit managers and operations district managers to reconcile
headcount, employee lists, add new employees, note the termination of employees and
ensure that payroll is correct and reconciled every pay period.
- Act as chief liaison between finance team and other functional teams in defining
management reporting, data requirements and timelines
- Provide business analytics pertaining to operations, competitors and benchmarks.
- Develop and maintain business and financial models to support internal decision-making
processes and external stakeholder communications
- Assist the Controller in producing accurate and timely financial statements
- Assist in the month end closing and financial reporting process including account analysis
- Assist in special projects as necessary
Ideal candidate will be someone who can communicate effectively and is a self-starter. Must have the ability to effectively multi-task and meet deadlines in a timely fashion. Experience in the food service industry is preferred.
Also, some on site assistance with food service when needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S. degree in Accounting preferred
- Minimum of two to four years of experience in accounting preferred
- Restaurant or retail industry experience preferred
- Experience with POS system reporting preferred and Quickbooks experience required
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- The ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, juggle multiple tasks, and handle
highly confidential information
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
PMSC is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer. Candidates are considered for employment with PMSC without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, political beliefs, military status, marital status, veteran status or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.