The EXECUTIVE CHEF is responsible for oversight of food preparation, management of the line staff and utility workers, inventory and purchasing, menu creation and pricing, food and labor budgeting, staff scheduling and kitchen safety and cleanliness maintenance.
- Establish and maintain food production systems and procedures for the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing, and serving of food related products.
- Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all culinary activities.
- Responsible for menu planning and development.
- Ensure that requirements for appropriate sanitation and food safety levels in respective areas are met.
- Develop and be accountable for a safe culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Estimate food consumption.
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance.
- Conduct periodic inventory.
- Coordinate and supervise unit personnel regarding production, merchandising, quality and cost control, and labor management.
- Recruit, hire, develop, and retain back of the house staff.
- Drive customer service and employee engagement through effective use of customer and employee engagement surveys.
- Look for opportunities to implement new products and services which support sales growth and client retention.
- Identify vertical sales growth opportunities and communicates with appropriate subject matter experts.
- Coordinate all catering events on campus.
Special qualifications: The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is essential to success in this role.
Experience: Previous experience with control food and labor cost, demonstration cooking, menu development, and pricing and development of culinary team preferred. Premise and liability accountability and contract-managed service experience is desirable.
Education: The ideal candidates will possess a bachelor's degree or related culinary degree with eight or more years of industry and culinary management experience.
Core competencies: Leadership, Management