We are a dynamic firm that is quickly becoming an industry leader in food services management, corporate catering and restaurant retail. We are looking for exciting and hard-working people to join our team. Specifically we are looking for a Food Service Director for our client site, Livingstone College in Salisbury, NC.
The Food Service Director is responsible for planning and managing food service across the entire campus. In conjunction with direct reports, (s)he shall develop strategic operations plans aligned with the client's mission, vision, and objectives to include sustainable practices while balancing the fiscal constraints of the operation.
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Establish and maintain food production systems and procedures for the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing, and serving of food related products.
- Responsible for menu planning and development.
- Ensure that requirements for appropriate sanitation and food safety levels in respective areas are met.
- Develop operational component forecasts; monitor expenses and reports all variances.
- Responsible for component's budgeting and accounting functions.
- Conduct period inventory.
- Coordinate and supervise unit personnel regarding production, merchandising, quality and cost control, and labor management.
- Recruit, hire, develop, and retain front line team.
- Provide Student, Client, Employee, and Community Advocacy.
- Drive customer service and employee engagement through effective use of customer and employee engagement surveys.
- Maintain records to comply with PMS, government, and accrediting agency standards.
- Interact with Client Management and maintains effective client and customer relations at all levels within the client organization.
- Develop annual marketing plan for account.
- Look for opportunities to implement new products and services which support sales growth and client retention.
- Identify vertical sales growth opportunities and communicates with appropriate subject matter experts
Ideal candidates will possess a minimum of 5 years multi unit experience in dining, retail and or catering operations.
- Previous experience in college/university or business dining is highly preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years primary financial accountability with a direct reporting relationship to clients and senior executives is required.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing tools to increase top and bottom line as well as strong communication skills
We are an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, political beliefs, military status, marital status, veteran status or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.